Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
ACTED Central African Republic
ACTED opened its mission in the Central African Republic (CAR) in 2013 in response to internal violence in the country. ACTED teams are mobilized in Ouham Pendé, Ouaka, Basse Kotto, Mbomou, Haut Mbomou as well as in Bangui to provide emergency relief to the most vulnerable, support displaced populations and to strengthen the resilience of populations and local authorities. Rapid response mechanisms to emergencies are currently deployed in CAR as well as integrated support programming for the sustainable return of displaced persons, and resilience building.
You will be in charge of
- Positioning and Fundraising
- Context, Donor and Partner Analysis
- Ensure monthly consolidation of key trends and tools related to the donor environment relevant for dedicated grant portfolio, with support from Junior staff members.
- Alert the Project Development Manager of gaps and emerging trends in a timely manner.
- Ensure monthly update and consolidation of partner database as relevant to the dedicated portfolio.
1.2 Strategy development
- a) Contribute to the development of a country programme strategy in alignment with ACTED global/regional strategy;
- b) Identify strategic opportunities for expanding ACTED’s work in the country building on existing donor management and fundraising tools’;
1.3 External relations
- a) Maintain active and regular working relationships with donors and act as point of contact for all designated donor communication, including the coordination of donor visits in the field;
- b) Maintain active and regular working relationships with other NGOs, UN agencies, clusters, working groups, Alliance2015, consortia and academia;
- c) Ensure the establishment and regular update of a directory of donors, international and local NGOs, other partners and stakeholders;
- d) Contribute to the reporting to national and local authorities as required by ACTED registration/legal status in country;
- e) In the absence of Technical Coordinators, represent ACTED in key clusters, working groups, HCT and (I)NGO coordination bodies.
1.4 Fundraising and proposal development
- Identify funding opportunities;
- Identify new donors for diversifying ACTED donors’ portfolio including private companies and private foundations;
- Contribute to the identification of potential relevant international and/or local partners (private sector partners, national and international NGOs, think tanks, academia, etc.) to be included in proposals;
- Under the strategic guidance of the PDM, lead the planning and development of concept notes and proposals (incl. by supporting relevant officers), in line with ACTED’s strategy and donor priorities.
- Ensure proper consolidation, filing, and information sharing within the PDD on relevant donors.
- Liaise with Area Coordinators, Project Managers and Technical Coordinators to ensure that proposals are relevant and technically sound;
- Ensure that learning from previous projects (e.g. lessons learnt and best practices) is incorporated into new proposals;
- Ensure the involvement of FLATS teams in the development of fundraising documents, particularly finance for the budget and logistics in case of specific donor procurement rules.
- Ensure filing of all contracts relevant to the dedicated portfolio.
- Review relevant contracts prior to signature in coordination with PDM and HQ Grants Management Unit.
2. Grant Management
- Ensure that contractual obligations (including visibility requirements) and reporting deadlines are known within the PDD and well-communicated to relevant internal stakeholder (i.e. Project Managers, Area Coordinators, AMEU, FLATs).
- When any issue is identified in meeting deliverables in the given timeframe and budget, inform PDM and DCD P and support in identifying solution.
- Ensure the full process of starting, reviewing, and closing out projects under dedicated portfolio is properly followed, and in a timely manner, and documented internally according to ACTED’s SOPs, with direct support to Junior staff members.
- Review the progress narrative reports developed by the Junior staff members working on the dedicated portfolio and/or contribute to developing reports as necessary; ensuring high quality of reporting and timely submission.
- Regularly update the reporting tracking tools with regards to relevant grants, identifying gaps and lessons learnt for improved reporting practices.
- Support in the development of training materials to enhance the quality of reporting.
- Ensure, and facilitate as needed, internal coordination between relevant PD members and support departments (i.e. AMEU and FLATs) to incorporate best practices, challenges, and lessons learnt.
- Track challenges and lessons learnt for the relevant portfolio, and regularly share with the PDM to feed into strategic conversations at Coordination level regarding improvement of programming.
2.3. Partner Follow-up
- When relevant to the dedicated portfolio, ensure that ACTED’s grants management requirements related to partnership are met.
3. Management and Internal Coordination
3.1. Staff Management
- When relevant, manage a team of Project Development Officers, Interns and/or Assistants (as relevant);
- Ensure that staff under line management of the D-PDM in the department understands and is able to perform its roles and responsibilities, by providing guidance and direct supervision on day-to-day planning and task operationalization;
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics;
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff under line management;
- Support the PDM in identifying training needs in the team and support the development of PDD training materials.
- In coordination with the PDD (incl. Program Quality Control Unit when relevant), ensure that documentation related to the dedicated grants portfolio is available and properly filed – both in soft and hard copies.
- External Communication
- a) Contribute to ACTED’s external communication strategy by feeding regularly ACTED HQ Communication Department with informal updates on projects, a flash news, pictures, articles on projects progress and/or specific events for ACTED communication tools, including, but not limited to, ACTED Newsletter, websites and ACTED Annual Report;
- b) Contribute to the continuum of PR activities, including formal presentations, engaging media for coverage on success stories, updating project-specific and regional fact sheets, and documenting publications featuring ACTED in the media;
c) When relevant, follow, contribute to, draft and disseminate position papers, statements, reports and releases on ACTED’s engagements and humanitarian advocacy, in line with ACTED’s in country and global strategy as well as positioning, in close collaboration with the country director as well as HQ communication and programme departments.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Au moins deux ans d’expérience terrain en gestion de programme et coordination
- Connaissance du système d’aide et habilités à comprendre le système des donneurs et des gouvernements
- Excellente expression oral et écrite
- Capacité à coordonner et gérer une équipe et des projets
- Capacité à travailler de manière indépendante et créative sur le terrain et en capitale
- Travail en équipe et capacité à créer un esprit d’équipe
- Forte capacité à travailler dans un contexte interculturel
- Capacité à travailler sous pression
- La connaissance d’une langue locale et/ou régionale est un plus
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
>>>Email Ref: PDM/RCA