Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED Central African Republic
ACTED opened its mission in the Central African Republic (CAR) in 2013 in response to internal violence in the country. ACTED teams are mobilized in Ouham Pendé, Ouaka, Basse Kotto, Mbomou, Haut Mbomou as well as in Bangui to provide emergency relief to the most vulnerable, support displaced populations and to strengthen the resilience of populations and local authorities. Rapid response mechanisms to emergencies are currently deployed in CAR as well as integrated support programming for the sustainable return of displaced persons, and resilience building.
You will be in charge of
The Project Officer ensures the implementation of project activities and prepares written materials and progress reports on field activities. He/she contributes to effective and timely completion of the activities, delivery of quality outputs and achievement of outcomes with maximum impact for beneficiaries. He/she reports directly to the Project Manager and works closely with the field team.
- Project Planning;
- Project Implementation Follow-up;
- Documenting and Compliance;
- Beneficiary Engagement and Accountability;
- Internal Coordination;
- External Coordination and Stakeholder Engagement;
- Partner Management;
- Participate in the recruitment of technical staff (development of organigrams, ToRs, elaborating the tests and reviewing them; interviews etc.);
- Ensure that staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities.
- Contribute to the development of procurement plans;
- Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner;
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks.
- Forecast monthly cash requirements for activities and submit to the PM
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of activities.
- Ensure adherence to donor procedures by project staff;
- Support the Project Manager in the preparation of progress and final reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information for activities.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Experience working in a volatile environment;
- Demonstrated ability to manage Strong analytical capacity;
- Significant experience in finance and logistics Computer knowledge is a must (Excel, Word etc.);
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
– Salary defined by the ACTED salary scale according to the level of education, expertise, security level and experience: between 1900 and 2100 € net monthly (before income tax)
– Monthly living allowance of $300
– Guesthouse accommodation and food provided by ACTED
– Social security, health insurance (MSH) and repatriation assistance (SOS International) paid for by ACTED
– Transportation to the mission and return ticket fully covered every 6 months (to the address specified on the work contract)
– Visa fees paid by ACTED
– R&R every 3 months (airfare covered up to $500 + additional $200 allowance)
– One week of pre-departure preparation including 3 days of security training in immersion
– Possibility of a 30-minute call with a tax consultant
– Psychological support (appointment with a professional)
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: PO RAP/RCA
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.