Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
ACTED has been present in Kyrgyzstan since 1999, with a coordination office in the capital Bishkek and two operational bases in Osh and Batken, in the South of the country. ACTED’s interventions focus on disasters risk reduction, economic development, local governance and the promotion of peaceful dialogue and cooperation in both rural and urban areas throughout Chuy, Osh, Jalal-Abad, Naryn, Issyk-Kul and Batken.
You will be in charge of
ACTED is creating a roster of qualified national and international experts who would like to be considered for a range of consulting opportunities within the scope of a new 5-year civil society strengthening, governance & economic development program in Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO).
ACTED seeks CVs and Expressions of Interest from qualified and experienced experts in the following specific fields and related areas:
- Socio-economic research, collection and analysis of socio-economic data and statistics
- Supporting civil society initiatives, civil society empowerment and capacity building
- Digital outreach and advocacy strategies using digital media and channels of communication
- Organizational and/or Business Development (organisational governance, administration and management; financial management; project cycle management; external relations and resource mobilization)
- Social enterprise, innovation, business planning and incubation/acceleration
- Mapping data environments and public access to information
- Open media development, data-driven journalism, data-driven advocacy, innovative communication and data storytelling
- Development and strengthening of public dialogue mechanisms, advocacy platforms and Public Private Dialogue (PPD)
ACTED is an international Non-Government Organization (NGO) with headquarters in Paris, France and active in 38 countries around the world. ACTED has been present in Central Asia since 1996, with missions in Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan. ACTED aims to respond to emergencies and provide humanitarian support to vulnerable populations; co-construct effective governance; and promote sustainable and inclusive economic growth, in line with the “Zero Carbon, Zero Exclusion, Zero Poverty” (3Zero) vision.
Effective Governance for Economic Development (EGED) is a programme of the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) implemented from 2020-2025 in Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan with an objective to improve the effectiveness, accountability and transparency of economic policy delivery on selected reform priorities. Pillar 1 is implemented by the World Bank, and aims to support effective, evidence informed design and delivery of economic policies. This will include supporting governments to generate better data and evidence, use this data for policy design and implementation, improved coordination within government on policy implementation, and better engagement with citizens.
Pillar 2 will be implemented by ACTED from July 1, 2021 – October 31, 2025, with a budget of 6 million GBP and an aim to strengthen civil society to hold the governments of Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan to account on the specific issues selected under pillar one, through improved use of data.
ACTED’s project under Pillar 2, “Civil Society for Accountability: Activating Civil Society to Demand Inclusive, Evidence-Based Economic Growth in Central Asia” will contribute to advancing effective economic governance for inclusive growth in Central Asia by increasing active demand for transparent and effective economic policy among civil society actors. This will be achieved through three components: Evidence-Based Advocacy which will increase capacity of civil society actors to produce, analyse, and use robust data for advocacy; Cross-Sector Coalitions which will enhance the capacity of civil society to engage in and facilitate cross-sector, public-private dialogue on economic policy issues; and Data-Driven Journalism which will increase media capacity to deliver data-driven, analytical reporting on economic policy and advance independent voices.
ACTED seeks potential candidates for a wide range of assignments which may include tasks such as, for example:
- Research, analysis, assessments, and mapping
- Development of training modules and curricula
- Design of capacity building plans, technical guidelines and training materials
- Delivery of training and capacity building/mentoring
- Facilitation of workshops and events
- Development of capitalization and communication materials
- Provision of technical training, mentoring and advisory to ACTED staff and partners
Tasks will vary in terms of geographical scope (remote/local), channels of delivery (offline/online), duration (short term/long term) and level of effort required over a defined period.
Expected skills and qualifications
ACTED seeks expressions of interest for candidates who meet the following minimum requirements:
- Advanced education relevant to the above-mentioned specific fields or related sectors (required level will vary depending on consulting assignment)
- Demonstrated expertise in one of more of the above-mentioned specific fields and/or related areas as relevant
- Prior experience delivering similar consulting assignments, technical assistance work, or working under service contracts
- Prior experience working with international organisations, international NGOs or international donor-funded projects
- Alignment with ACTED’s core values (responsibility, impact, enterprising spirit, inspiration), commitment to work in line with ACTED’s Code of Conduct and related policies
- Capacity to work autonomously, proactively and to deliver high-quality work within deadlines
Qualified consultants should submit their expression of interest to ACTED as soon as possible. The first round Call for Experts will close on 07/11/2021.
Please complete this online application form: https://forms.gle/R4qJrQj9bDRa2kXr6
Applications should also be sent by email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org in copy with the subject line: “EOG – Roster Application – October 2021”
As a minimum, candidates need to submit the following:
- Details on minimum daily fee and availability
Candidates are not required, but encouraged to submit any of the following additional documents:
- Letter of Interest/Motivation
- Examples of past similar assignments
Candidates will be notified when their application is approved and they are successfully added to the roster. Candidates will then be contacted directly with information on consulting opportunities relevant to their skills and experience.
Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience