Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED is a leading actor in the fight against cholera in Haiti. Through the establishment of sanitary cords around affected households, distribution of cholera kits and awareness-raising session, ACTED works at containing and preventing the spread of the epidemic. ACTED commitment in Haiti also includes improving access to water and sanitation infrastructures, through the rehabilitation and improvement of hygiene and drinking water supply systems for the population.
In the South and Grande Anse regions, ACTED is also rehabilitating health facilities within the framework of a consortium, with the aim of improving access to maternal and child health. In Grande Anse, which was strongly hit by Hurricane Matthew in 2016, ACTED teams are training masons to build houses that meet para-cyclonic and seismic standards, and helping families rebuild their homes in a safer and more sustainable way. ACTED is also involved in the fight against climate change with the implementation of sustainable agriculture programming in the Artibonite department.
You will be in charge of
The Project Manager, under operational guidance of the Area Coordinator and technical guidance of the Technical Program Coordinator, is responsible for ensuring proper implementation of ACTED’s project. The Project Manager oversees field operations and ensures effective and timely completion of activities, delivery of quality outputs and achievement of outcomes with maximum impact for beneficiaries. The Project Manager supervises the project staff in day to day management of all aspects of the project and liaises with relevant internal departments and external partners and project stakeholders.
- Develop overall project implementation strategy, systems, approaches, tools, and materials;
Project Implementation Follow-up
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the project ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation;
Administration and Operational Management of Project Implementation
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation;
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team member.
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least two years of field experience in program management and coordination
- Knowledge of the aid system and ability to understand donor and government systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and manage a team
- Ability to work independently and creatively in the field and in capital
- Teamwork and team-building skills
- Strong ability to work in a cross-cultural context
- Ability to work under pressure
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 2100 and 2200€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Option 1: Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Option 2: Contribution to a housing allowance of up to 75% of ACTED benchmark or accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Option 1: Rest & Recuperation (R&R) every 2 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Option 2: R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: PM Multi/HAI
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.