World Food Day 2012
Global hunger is a serious threat to today’s world, in which one in eight people do not have access to adequate food. Food insecurity is the result of many diverse issues which require numerous and effective solutions.
On this World Food Day, 2012, now is the time to be innovative and find sustainable solutions in order to overcome food insecurity. In this context, ACTED and Convergences 2015, along with their 16 other partners from the public, private and solidarity fields, have published the Hunger Barometer, 2012.
This publication deals with the issues surrounding food and nutritional security and gives an overview of the state of hunger in the world. The Hunger Barometer 2012 presents the major points of the Global Hunger Index, 2012 and offers the opinions of experts, practitioners and decision makers on the link between food security and the depletion of natural resources: land, water and energy. In addition, the food crisis in the Sahel is also analysed.
Find more information on this subject and read about the innovative ideas of ACTED, Convergences 2015 and their partners to promote sustainable food security by downloading here the Hunger Barometer 2012.
Latest news France
- Strengthening the place of food and nutrition security in the post-2015 agenda
- Registrations for the Forum Convergences are now open
- One day dedicated to health
- EU tackles hunger issues and the right to food
- Water as a peace-building resource
- VIDEO : Empowering community decision making
- Alliance2015 hosts European Hunger Roundtable