VIDEO: Water, a vital resource
Every day, ACTED teams set up wells within communities in order to limit the impact of the drought and to fight waterborne diseases caught through contact with unclean water.
Such simple interventions make a world of difference for often isolated populations, who can go for days without water. More often than not, women are those who have to collect water, sometimes several hours' walk away. ACTED therefore installs water pumps in many villages of intervention.
Latest news Kenya
- Women create a cooperative to sell honey and provide for their families
- Empowered mothers, healthy families
- Keen on clean: 1,000 women unite for hygiene
- VIDEO: Portrait of an aid worker at the heart of the drought in the Horn of Africa
- Slideshow: ACTED's team mobilized against the food crisis in HoA
- Mobile phones improve water resource management
- Slideshow: Support to the livelihoods of the Pokot