VIDEO: Portrait of an aid worker at the heart of the drought in the Horn of Africa
NAIROBI [ACTED News] – For years, the Horn of Africa has been hit by drought and periods of famine, such as the summer of 2011. ACTED teams have been contributing to the deployment and to the rehabilitation of community infrastructure, to help particularly vulnerable populations benefit from essential services. Potable water, health services, accessible roads, and production facilities help them develop their livelihoods and self-dependence.
Watch the video portrait of Elise, an ACTED international aid worker in the Rift Valley of Kenya (in French).
Latest news Kenya
- Women create a cooperative to sell honey and provide for their families
- Empowered mothers, healthy families
- Keen on clean: 1,000 women unite for hygiene
- VIDEO: Portrait of an aid worker at the heart of the drought in the Horn of Africa
- Slideshow: ACTED's team mobilized against the food crisis in HoA
- Mobile phones improve water resource management
- Slideshow: Support to the livelihoods of the Pokot