South Sudan: Cash for work project for help displaced people from Jonglei State
ACTED is keeping a close eye on current tension in Jonglei State, South Sudan, notably in the north, in Akobo county, which has seen massive population displacements. The displaced have limited access to food sources, and the already deprived host communities are now facing additional pressure on their food stocks.
ACTED’s objective is to support these communities by enabling access to subsidies during the food gap period, before the next harvest, from August to October. Cash for work activities will help the most vulnerable households benefit from an income, that will help them provide food for their families.
Latest news South Sudan
- In pictures: ACTED’s mobilisation for the refugees in South Sudan
- Slideshow: Preparing for future hygiene scares in South Sudan
- Visualising where aid is needed
- Adiem: The first open defecation free village in South Sudan
- The first open-defecation free village
- Relocating refugees to improve aid
- Essential food items to relocated refugees in Upper Nile State