ACTED staff is dedicated every day to supporting vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future; thus contributing to the Millennium Development Goals.
On the occasion of World Humanitarian Day this Sunday 19 August, ACTED is associated with key relief stakeholders to promote civil commitment, professionals’ dedication and general interest in humanitarian issues all around the world.
ACTED’s mobilization on this day is part of the United Nations’ worldwide campaign I Was Here, starring pop singer Beyonce who has signed a hit song and video for the Day.
The programs implemented by ACTED (more than 300 per year), in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean, aim at addressing the needs of the most vulnerable populations. Our interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
Latest news France
- Strengthening the place of food and nutrition security in the post-2015 agenda
- Registrations for the Forum Convergences are now open
- One day dedicated to health
- EU tackles hunger issues and the right to food
- Water as a peace-building resource
- VIDEO : Empowering community decision making
- Alliance2015 hosts European Hunger Roundtable