Tunisia : Program Manager Migration - Tunisia
Reference : PMMIG/TTUN
Contract: Fixed term
Duration 6 months
Starting date: 2017/01/01
Background on ACTED
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development.
With a budget of 190 million EUR in 2015, ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 495 projects a year reaching over11 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
Our team in Tunisia manages our operations based in Libya.
ACTED is implementing since 2012 the program Civil Initiatives Libya (CIL) which is providing capacity building and technical assistance to Libyan local actors, mainly CSOs, Local Authorities and Universities. The overall objective of CIL is to define methods and approaches, adapted to the Libyan context, and aiming at improving the resilience of communities and local institutions in time of crisis.
The program has three priority axes:
Capacity building to CSOs
Capacity building and TA to Local Authorities
Specific focus on migration issues in Libya, in a perspective of local economic development, in cooperation with GIZ.
• Leads on ensuring that there is strong and on-going coordination between ACTED and GIZ parts of the implementation team around action plans and activity schedules. Participates in drafting the action plan
• Leads on monitoring ACTED/CIL’s implementation of activities that have been agreed with GIZ
• Leads on preparing periodic and high-quality narrative reports and case studies about activities under the joint GIZ/ACTED project
Fundraising and financial management
• Provides timely and accurate input to the ACTED finance team to support the development of high-quality budgets and financial reports concerning the project
• Participate in drafting proposals to be submitted to additional donors.
Organisational Leadership and people management
• In coordination with GIZ, drafts the ToR of the staff and experts contracted by ACTED/CIL for the purpose of the project and facilitates any necessary recruitment processes
• Provides practical and personal leadership for all staff over which the post holder has direct management responsibility.
• Maintains excellent working relationships with partners, ensuring genuine co-ownership of project planning, implementation and management.
• Supports, through mentoring, accompaniment or training, the capacity building of ACTED/GIZ colleagues, as necessary, to enable them to fulfil their project-related job roles.
• In consultation with the GIZ Project Director and ACTED/CIL Director, represents the project in a variety of relevant forums and builds relationships with key governmental, inter-governmental and non-governmental stakeholders as necessary.
• In consultation with the GIZ project Director and ACTED/CIL Director contributes to the communication of the GIZ/ACTED initiative and of CIL: website, newsletters…
• At least 3 years of experience in project management / program officer role
• Strong inter-personal skills, with cultural and political sensitivity
• Written English to a professional standard
• Spoken Arabic would be beneficial
• Knowledge of Libya and the MENA region would be an advantage
Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus
Additional monthly living allowance
Free food and lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse/or housing allowance (depending on contract length and country of assignment)
Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance + retirement package
Submission of applications
Please send your application including cover letter, CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org under