Irak : Mass Info Program Manager
Reference : MIPM/IRQ
City: Sulaymania/ Erbil
Starting date: ASAP
Background on ACTED
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,300 national staff 300 international staff, ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries.
Number of projects
Number of areas
Number of national staff
Annual budget (EUR)
Number of offices
Number of international staff
Position context and key challenges
ACTED has been present in Iraq supporting conflict affected populations since 2004 and currently operates in 15 regions. For the last 4 years, our team of 350 people has been responding to the Syrian refugee and IDP crisis, notably in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, where ACTED supports over 1.5 million people. Our multi-sectoral approach addresses the most urgent needs of internally displaced people and refugees by ensuring their protection, delivering life-saving food assistance, providing shelter and non-food item packages with lifesaving items and improving their living environment in and out of camps through camp management and Water, Hygiene and Sanitation activities.
Key roles and responsibilities
The Mass Information PM is responsible for the timely and impact-oriented implementation of a Mass information Project.
1. Mass Information
- Research best practices in Communication Wth Communities / Mass Info and integrate these into project implementation when possible;
- Support the Database Officer in maintaining an accurate database of population reached through each campaign ;
- Maintain regular contact with UNHCR and key partners (depending on location of campaign), giving regular updates on campaign progress, challenges and reach;
- Order all materials necessary for campaigns and day-to-day work in advance, in coordination with logistics;
- Monitor and support the growth of the Mass Information Facebook page; develop CoC for Facebook page ;
- Train Mass Information National staff on strategy, best practices, key messages for each campaign;
- Organise weekly team meeting amongst base Mass Information Staff ;
- Ensure accurate record keeping including reading and assimilating weekly reports from national staff.
2. Project cycle management - Plan the various stages of the Mass Information project implementation in Erbil or Sulaymaniyah;
- Mentor and manage Program Staff (including Mobilization Officers, Database Officers, and Outreach Workers); - Manage project finances, logistics and materials; - Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Provide Relevant Technical Expertise ;
- Coordinate with the Mass information PM in the other base ;
- Liaise with all internal and external counterparts of the project;
- Ensure application and adherence to contract terms and requirements.
- vis-à-vis provincial authorities: Participate in official meetings to ensure maximum visibility vis-à-vis provincial authorities.
- vis-à-vis UNHCR and other Donors; Participate in Donor meetings at provincial level and communicate relevant information to the Country Director;
- amongst other international organisations: Participate in inter-NGO Coordination meetings and those of UN Agencies (OCHA, UNDP, UNICEF, FAO, etc.), and any other relevant inter-governmental institution at governorate level;
- Create and update work-plan and PMF for the project
- Lead monthly program meeting, kick off and close out meetings related to the Mass info project.
- Provide timely and accurate inputs to narrative reports to donors, monthly internal reports and contribute to the development of financial reports through regular budgetary follow up; as well as input for any new proposal/budget developed by PD.
- Identify and share lessons learnt and best practices from Erbil or Sulemaniyah base and the mass information projects.
6. Contribution to ACTED Iraq Strategy:
- Input into ACTED Iraq’s country strategy and future funding proposals, taking a leadership role in regards to mass information.
- Contribute to the development of a global intervention strategy and to support its implementation at provincial level
At least 2 years of field experience in program management and coordination
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Able to coordinate and manage staff and project activities;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Being a strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit;
- Ability to organize and plan effectively;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience an asset
Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus
- Additional monthly living allowance
- Free food and lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse/or housing allowance (depending on contract length and country of assignment)
- Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
- Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance + retirement package
Submission of applications
Please send your application including cover letter, CV and references to email@example.com under Ref: MIPM/IRQ