Tunisia : FLAT Intern-Tunis
Reference : FLATI/TUN/SA
Duration 6 months
Starting date: 2017/02/01
Background on ACTED
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development.
With a budget of 190 million EUR in 2015, ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 490 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries with 300 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
Nombre de projets 10
Nombre de zones 5
Nombre de salariés nationaux 32
Budget annuel (EUR) 2.53M €
Nombre de bureaux 4
Nombre de salariés internationaux 5
Our team in Tunisia manages our operations based in Libya.
ACTED has been programming in Libya since March 2011. Initially focusing on responding to the humanitarian crisis in the wake of the conflict, ACTED set-up offices across the country, providing vital humanitarian assistance to displaced and vulnerable populations. Furthermore, during this period ACTED utilized its assessment and mapping capabilities to help coordinate and provide information for the humanitarian response and reconstruction of the country. Since January 2012, and building on the strong networks developed during the emergency response, ACTED started to work on post-conflict projects, particularly focusing of support to the nascent Libyan civil society. In January ACTED began a two-year programme, funded by the European Union, focusing on support to civil society organisations in Libya
• Preparation/cross check of Allocation tables
• Preparation /cross check of Project Budget Follow Up
• Preparation /cross check of Monthly running cost
• Preparation/cross check of ATROCE: project cash requirements follow-up
• Cross-check PRATIC
• Cross-check of Cash request
• Cross-check of Contract Follow Up and HR TITANICS
• Support the country finance team as otherwise required by the Country Finance Manager.
• Support the capital HR officer in updating the national staff contracts’ database, staff personal files and leave follow up.
• Support the Area Finance team in BFU preparation.
• Support the Area Finance team to develop bi-monthly cash request and cash planning.
• Verify accountability of Cash for Work payments and support program and finance teams for cash for work planning and disbursements.
• Support to Drought Early Warning System team to undertake field and training payments
• Support the finance department in preparing the monthly cash payments schedule to ensure finance team make almost all field payments
• Support the finance department in preparing the monthly FLAT documentation package sent from the area to the capital office.
• Prepare with the Area Logistics teams the vehicle/motorcycle/generator fuel and repair follow up.
• Support to Area Logistics and Finance departments to close “fuel loans”
• Verify monthly asset and stock updates.
• Ensure weekly vehicle planning is undertaken in each base and consolidated at area level
• Verify compliance with ACTED procurement procedures
• Support the logistics team in updating the order and delivery follow up
• Analyze vehicle/motorcycle/generator running costs.
• Verify vehicle logbooks.
• Field market surveys
• Procurement monitoring
• Verify compliance with ACTED HR procedures, notably in ensuring that personal personnel files are updated and originals transferred to the capital office.
• Support area Finance/Administration department in preparing the monthly payroll.
• Verify that premises leases are up to date.
• Documentation of area-specific FLAT compliance practices
• Hold orientation and refresher trainings for field teams on basic flat procedures
• Postgraduate diploma in Finance or International Relations
• Previous related work experience, preferably in the humanitarian field w/knowledge of finance and logistics
• Postgraduate diploma in relation to the position
• Excellent English writing and communication skills
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure
• Ability to work in an unstable security environment moving
• Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions
• Ability to work independently and creatively about the land and capital
Field Intern benefits include: a 300 USD per month living allowance, coverage of all accommodation, food, guesthouse and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg., and the provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
Submission of applications
Please send, in English, your cover letter, CV, and three references to email@example.com
For more information, visit us at http://www.acted.org