Tajikistan : EU Volunteer on Integrated Natural Resource Management (INRM) - TAD
Reference : INRM EUAV/TAD
Duration 12 months
Starting date: 2017/07/03
Background on ACTED
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,300 national staff 300 international staff, ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries.
ACTED has been operating in Tajikistan since 1996, taking a multi-sector and multidisciplinary approach to social and economic development, and tailoring its responses to the needs of local populations. Over the past 17 years, ACTED in Tajikistan has implemented many projects funded by the Asian Development Bank, UN agencies (especially in collaboration with UNHCR, UNICEF and UNDP), the European Commission, the EBRD, USAID, DFID, the Swiss Development Cooperation and the World Bank. ACTED’s programmes in Tajikistan reflect the nexus between emergency relief and development which has seen the organization adopt a long term approach towards the development of the country. ACTED’s strategy is aimed at contributing to the eradication of poverty by facilitating equitable proper economic growth and decentralized development management, whilst also promoting environmental sustainability.
ACTED’s 2012-2014 strategy in Tajikistan was focused on three interconnected pillars:
- Rural Economic Development
- Local Governance
- Disaster Risk Reduction.
Several themes crosscut ACTED’s interventions and are crucial elements in its country strategy:
- Building capacities and competencies at the local level through community-based and community-led initiatives;
- Promoting dialogue and platforms between all relevant stakeholders, including communities, governmental structures, and line ministries;
- Supporting sustainability of development through cost-effective and locally “owned” projects.
In line with ACTED strategy in Tajikistan, ACTED strongly believes that local governance initiatives, combined with a focus on effective water and natural resource management holds potential in terms of contributing most effectively towards long term development in Tajikistan.
- Revise all existing approaches and methodologies used by ACTED in watershed management through INRM
- Conduction of field visits to sites of relevant projects with a aim to observe situation at the field and needs of target sector;
- Analyse of country context and desk revue of watershed management sector
- Update methodological materials to be used by ACTED mission under watershed management sector (take into account findings of analyses), notably: 1) Methodology for watershed assessment; 2) Methodology for watershed management planning; 3) Structural and non-structural measures to be applied in Tajikistan for slowing down erosion/degradation processes;
- Based on developed methodological materials to conduct capacity building session with ACTED relevant staff through practical exercise in the field level
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in humanitarian studies / Political Science / Project Development
• Fluent English (written and spoken), excellent writing and communication skills;
• Prior work experience with an INGO in the agriculture and/or rural development sector
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
• Good organisational and prioritisation skills;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
EU Volunteer benefits include: subsistence allowances in line with EU Aid Volunteer daily allowances (289.46 euros per month), coverage of all accommodation in the ACTED guesthouse, travel costs, a luggage allowance of 100 kg, provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance, reimbursement of visas and vaccinations costs and resettlement allowance.
Submission of applications
Please send, in English, your cover letter, CV to email@example.com
Ref : INRM EUAV /TAD
Download the job offer in PDF format
Latest news for Tajikistan
- Gulbahor, a Tajik woman who commits to helping vulnerable women
- Tajikistan: Providing sustainable and safe access to water in remote areas
- Climate change adaptation in Tajikistan: building farmers capacities to improve food security
- Promoting culture and learning foreign languages in Tajikistan
- World Map of ACTED in 2014
- Community based tourism in Tajikistan
- Jumpstarting the Tajik tourism industry