Emergency in Haïti
Deployment of 1000 shelter and household kits for earthquake victims in Port-au-Prince.
ACTED staff located in Haiti is committed to emergency relief following yesterday’s devastating earthquake
The humanitarian crisis is dire, early reports describing the earthquake as the worst to hit the island in the past 200 years.
ACTED is strengthening its capacities in Haiti to deliver emergency aid to the inhabitants of Port-au-Prince.
A dedicated emergency team is already en-route to join the 80 ACTED staff already working in the country. In addition, ACTED, in cooperation with ShelterBox UK, is sending 1000 emergency shelter and household kits by air. This cargo is the first step in a wider emergency intervention by ACTED in favor of the affected population of Haiti.
Appeal for donations
As a leading emergency-response international NGO with considerable experience in Haiti, ACTED is launching an appeal for donations to fund the relief aid operations to the earthquake-affected populations.
Please support our action by visiting by donating online. ACTED has been working in Haiti since 2005. Already engaged in emergency response operations following hurricanes Gustav and Ike in the summer 2008, ACTED also works to improve food security, sanitation and access to potable water for vulnerable Haitian populations.
Latest news Haiti
- Situation update: Up to 806,000 persons are in extreme food-security emergency in Haiti
- Situation update: 70% of the population in the Sud and Grand’Anse need immediate humanitarian aid
- Situation Update: 20% of Haitian population affected by Hurricane Matthew
- Hurricane Matthew hits Haiti
- Deployment of ACTED emergency teams in Haiti ahead of the impeding threat of hurricane Matthew
- Latrine maintenance workers: The invisible workers of Haiti
- Haitian women, the entrepreneurs of tomorrow